Company Name: Siemens
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Type: Full Time
Communication Services [CMS] is an internal event management and marketing service function. A CMS Event Manager is an event specialist with expertise and experience in virtual/hybrid/live programs and event marketing. Event management and marketing services include but are not limited to event strategy development, management, financials, KPIs, design, logistics, operations, execution, and promotion & marketing support.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners and direct their teams to innovate and succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development and learning opportunities.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Proficient programming, operation, and production of digital event platforms [i.e., ON24, Teams LIVE, etc.]
- Successfully lead planning efforts for corporate meetings including: budget management, site selection, group housing, entertainment, décor, transportation, venue logistics, on-site operations, and food & beverage planning
- Manage multiple program elements in various planning stages, and efficiently meet project deadlines and time constraints, including the ability to work under pressure
- Manage and execute trade show [‘fair’] program elements: booth space procurement, booth layout development, complex product demonstration set-up, show services selection, labor, exhibit shipping and receiving, lead generation campaigns, and financial management
- Demonstrate and deliver service excellence across all functions and operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential function at the highest level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, capability, and skill required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree required, in Event Management / Hospitality / Marketing / or related field, BS/BA degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience successfully planning, producing and executing virtual (digital) events, meetings, events, and trade shows.
- Project management capabilities including ability to lead internal cross-functional work streams, manage external preferred suppliers, proactively address/solve challenges, and ensure successful project completion
- Customer service orientation
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-driven and embrace ownership / accountability
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Active engagement across social media platforms, Salesforce, digital collaboration resources, etc.
- CMP and/or CTSE – preferred
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Domestic travel up to 50%
- Remote (prefer Eastern Time zone and location close to major airport)
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.