Company Name: Goldman Sachs
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Type: Full Time
As an Event Strategy Manager on the Goldman Sachs Event Management team, you will partner with the firm’s business lines to build and implement an event strategy. You will support oversight for all divisional events and conferences with a keen focus on best practices, commercial excellence and consistency in delivery. Goldman Sachs events are critical to maintaining the firm’s brand and developing key client relationships.
The ideal candidate should have 8-12 years’ experience in events with strong relationship management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Set and execute annual business strategy and calendar for divisional events
- Maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, including C-suite executives
- Recommend opportunities for change and innovation
- Elevate event quality to best represent the brand, internally and externally
- Guide agency-sourced project managers on standards and best practices
- Manage risk and maintain controls through budgeting, approvals, contract review and reporting
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Oversee on-site execution for events in portfolio
- 8-12 years of experience in event management in a fast-paced corporate organization
- Personal integrity, initiative, agility, leadership and team orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Negotiation/commercial skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in all facets, including gender and cultural sensitivity
Goldman Sachs is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
This position resides in the Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division, which delivers solutions that maximize the efficiency and productivity of our people.