Company Name: Macy’s
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
The Special Events Coordinator will develop, market and execute in-store promotional events at locations within Macy’s North Central region. This position networks and partners with key senior level executives in the stores as well as the Central Merchant organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan and execute sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy’s vendors and other strategic partners; includes managing freelancers and outside vendors such as stylists, caterers, and production companies. Development of event proposals, budgets and execution strategies that are communicated and approved by Director.
- Relationship Management with vendors and sponsors; build relationships that translate into event opportunities. Identify outside sponsors for Macy’s Special Events with the potential to offset departmental expense and/or create local connections & promotional opportunities.
- Manage individual event budgets by forecasting costs, writing purchase orders, tracking expenses, submitting payments, following up with vendors and tracking event ROI.
- Create & submit Macy’s event copy for approved advertising outlets such as macys.com/events, radio, in-store formats and social postings. Coordinate internal and external advertising approval processes.
- Understand evolution of marketing & continually provide relevant ways to reach our customer through a variety of channels.
- Look for innovative event activations to enhance the customer experience and grow loyalty to the brand. Work with influencers & talent as needed; provide contracts, media schedules, run of show, recaps of impressions/impact, etc.
- Evaluate Macy’s event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance, ROI) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunities, customer feedback); report results to management per set standards/processes.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of event coordination and execution experience; retail experience is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to ever-changing business needs.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Proven financial skills; experience managing budgets.
- Competent with quantitative analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Strong ability to multitask & manage several different projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit grace under pressure.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to travel approx. 30%; must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.