Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Content Project Manager to help manage the content strategy, development and execution for a large corporate event.
In this role, your primary focus is to assist in the development of high quality content at our cloud computing educational event. You will work with a mix of product marketing managers, product managers, solutions architects, and business developers to create the content bill of materials for the event. You will manage the content process from start to finish including, reviewing the space plans, strategizing the session types, and determining the selection of session content. You work with the broader event content team to define goals and timelines, ensure quality control of content, and manage delivery of the content bill of materials.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and extremely organized individual with experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across the globe. You utilize your attention to detail, your experience in program and project management, and your excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
High preference this role sit in Seattle or SFO but also open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work directly with content owners to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results
- Coordinate, manage, and run all team meetings; documenting and distributing meeting notes and action items
- Assist with event logistics related to sessions, including: session room allocation, agenda management, and definition of requirements for room set-up, and A/V
- Supervise speaker management and provide on-site speaker support
- Manage with a team the content management system, including session scheduling
- Distribute regular reports on event deliverables and status updates
- Work with production vendors to define pre-event, onsite, and post-events needs and actions
- Travel: Post-Covid including international
Key Job Rresponsibilities
Managing the development of conference content from conception to delivery. Guiding subject matter experts through the content development process.
- 4+ years’ experience event management, content management, or marketing
- 4+ years’ program and project management experience
- Highly organized with innate attention to detail
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Comfortable managing a high volume of content
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, English, communications, or related field of study
- Comfortability in high visibility role, managing communication with key stakeholder relationships
- Passionate about process and an innate attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
- Flexibility to pivot priorities or change processes midstream when needed
- Exudes high level of ownership and comfortability dealing with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel (when it’s safe) and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
- Existing knowledge of industry tools, such as Tableau, AirTable and SalesForce.
- Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.