Company Name: Deloitte
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Type: Full Time
Deloitte Consulting’s CHRO Program provides distinctive opportunities and experiences to support HR executives to drive enterprise value through leadership development programs, immersive lab experiences, insight on provocative topics and career transition support. Our goal is to make Deloitte the trusted advisor to our client’s HR executives, with a focus on strengthening existing relationships and building new connects with HR executives. Not only will this role support that goal, but this position will help the firm expand its market reach.
Work You’ll Do
The CHRO Event Planner is responsible for the strategic planning, production and execution of Deloitte meetings and events to support the CHRO Program. These include live meetings occurring in Deloitte University, as well as hybrid and virtually delivered modalities, with a primary focus on nationally developed events. The position requires advanced meeting and event planning expertise from logistics management and technical support to ensuring flawless execution.
This position demands a significant amount of interaction and communication with senior leadership, as well as external clients. This position is expected to work in a creative and innovative way, to continually improve processes around event coordination and to partner closely with the broader CHRO Program to drive a seamless experience for our clients’ HR Executives. This role provides a unique opportunity to support events on a national level, with a focus on supporting relationships with our clients’ HR executives.
You will work in a creative, fast-paced and innovative way to deliver exceptional customer experiences and continually improve upon the processes and practices around virtual and hybrid event planning.
- Provide a client-centric, consultative, and solutions-oriented approach to logistics planning, communication, and overall client experience.
- Utilize advanced audio/video expertise to successfully produce a functional video experience for complex, C-Suite hybrid/virtual meetings. This includes video framing, pre-call music content, high-definition video sharing and demands related to delivering a finished, customized post-production product such as video recordings used for playback.
- Provide advanced scheduling and technology collaboration solutions expertise and ability to proficiently and effectively interact and communicate with senior leadership. This includes the support of client facing meetings.
- Laisse with other groups within the organization, including but not limited to schedulers, registration, One Team members and meeting specialists to ensure seamless client experiences, effective communication, and accuracy.
- Work in a creative and innovative way to continually improve the processes around planning and producing events
- Deliver exceptional client service while understanding and managing client service sensitivities
- Add value to customer experience through critical thinking, anticipating needs and offering additional services/support, if appropriate
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion and customer service for clients
- Provide effective Project Management: Ability to understand evolving scope, deadlines, and forecasts.
- Assume responsibility for supporting virtual events across various time zones.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and expertise in organizing and producing all logistical aspects of virtual and hybrid delivery modalities.
- Exhibit advanced scheduling and technology collaboration solutions expertise and ability to proficiently and effectively interact and communicate with senior leadership.
- Provide advanced expertise in Zoom virtual event support and production (managing breakouts, spotlighting, final attendance reporting, run videos, transition slides, build out run of show, manage speaker contracts, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to strategically prioritize event requests and customer needs using good judgment and logical thinking.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints, in a virtual environment.
- Provide solution-oriented problem solving, with the ability to take initiative and demonstrate follow-through.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Ability to adapt to change while displaying executive presence while working in a fast-pace and demanding environment.
- Ability to manage risk and to know what and when to escalate to leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in a virtual/hybrid support or event services environment.
- Experience with event management and/or scheduling software, preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice); travel will be related to key events and moments that matter
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience in Human Resources
- Consulting Experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)