Company Name: Crain Communications
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
To create the most innovative, engaging and culturally relevant experiences for our subscribers and audiences – driving brand awareness, driving new engagement, creating brand love and loyalty for Crain and its brands at large, with an immediate focus on Automotive News, Ad Age, Global Polymer Group and more.
The Manager role will support the Senior Director/Director of Events and work closely with our marketing and editorial teams on all events. We are looking for an experiential pro with expertise in all event types, specifically conferences, galas, B-to-B awards shows and programs and trade shows. It’s critical that you understand Crain’s overall marketing objectives and can translate those into events that will foster thought leadership, drive industry relationships, revenue and infuse the power of the individual brands on-site (and/or virtually). The position requires a curious, self-motivated individual that is passionate about the events experience and has experience in some/all areas of event production, event customer service, general event marketing, event programming and programming operations, event sponsorship support and ideation, that will support and drive the execution of onsite and virtual experiences for Crain Communications.
- Research venues, vendors, and producers for the event
- Develop and manage conference and event timelines
- Support in the concept and creation of all signage, lighting, event flow, ROS, SOWs for partners, staging, hospitality, activations, premiums, F&B, registration, registrations platforms, programming and agenda management and sponsorship support.
- Build and deliver exceptional brand experiences that are on brand
- Support and manage event budgets, invoices, ROI tracking, schedules of payments and cost savings report.
- Preparation and distribution of detailed pre-event communications and post event reporting
- Research and track all competitive events
- Manage end-to-end logistics for assigned proprietary and third-party events, including budget, contract terms, registration process, food and beverage, venue research, registration support, entertainment, conference booth production, transportation, among others
- Collaborate cross-functionally with appropriate teams to ensure optimization, appropriate subject matter experts are engaged, and that program launches are maximized for the broadest reach and resulting success factors.
- Project management, including the ability to manage multiple projects with varying due dates simultaneously, identify dependencies, and coordinate across other channels, in accordance with established milestones
- Liaise on digital presence, social promotion, and public relations to support events
- Provide follow up reporting related to ROI around the event
- Lead and participate in client and internal meetings, including regular status meetings, pre-program walkthroughs, onsite meetings, and post program debriefs.
Who You Are & What You Will Bring
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with consistency.
- Passion for producing events
- Background in event operations, event registration, ticketing and guest management, event sponsorships and/or event agenda management and programming
- Unmistakable evidence of natural curiosity and creativity
- Inbox 0 type personality
- Must be able to thrive in a team-first dynamic
- Audience and guest obsessed to deliver a great brand experience
- Strong project management skills to manage both internal and external vendors and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simulate and work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional composure
- Ability to travel required
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and communicate with remote management for extended periods of time
- College degree in hospitality, events related field, marketing preferred
- At least 5+ years of experience in event planning and/or execution
- Certified Meeting Professional certification preferred
Pay Transparency Disclosure:
The estimated salary range for this position is $50,000 to $75,000. The final salary offering will take into account a wide range of factors, including experience, accomplishments and location. The salary range provided should not be considered as a salary limit or cap. In addition to base salary, Crain also offers competitive benefits including retirement plan savings contributions and bonus opportunities based on individual and company performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)