Company Name: Truss
Location: Salt Lake City Metropolitan Area (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Position: Communication and Event Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: In office for first 6-12 months and then remote
Compensation: Varies on experience
At Truss, we believe that business is genuinely about knowing the right people. We have made it our mission to create a community of high-level executives who are dedicated to developing relationships that lead to personal and professional success.
To build a community that values relationships, we first must build a team of social geniuses who can help us elevate everyday networking to unforgettable experiences that bring people together on a deeper level.
As the Communication and Events Manager, your core mission will be to ensure all our members are educated about each event’s details. To accomplish this, you will develop and execute email and text campaigns with the end goal of collecting RSVPs and pertinent event details that will help make their experiences unforgettable. You will also assist in the planning, prep, and execution of these events.
Create, Design, and Manage the Event Communication Calendar
- Create and design all emails
- Collect and track all RSVPs and essential event data
- Respond to all member questions and requests promptly
Event Planning and Management
- Assist in the planning and execution of all local events
- Assist in event prep for trips
- Project Manage the design and printing of all sales and marketing materials
- Oversee the production and delivery of member gifting
- Assist with action items from marketing meetings
- Two plus years of experience interacting with and servicing CEO’s or VIP’s
- Experience with Mailchimp, CRM’s (preferably salesforce), excel and google docs
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Able to communicate clearly and solicit responses from high-level executives
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, and layout
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (speaking and writing) to interact effectively with team and members
- Two plus years of experience with event planning
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event design, public relations, or communications
- Must live in the Salt Lake City area
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence towards outcomes
Our Core Values:
Service – We provide high-end member service so that our members can relax, enjoy, and focus on what matters most—making connections. A big part of that service is our phenomenal communication. Our members are busy running companies. They don’t have time to worry about networking events or plan destination experiences. We take care of all the details for them while keeping them updated on everything they need to know.
Connection – We connect people in multiple different ways—from personal and email introductions to strategically executed seating charts at every event. Our members are at the center of everything we do. We want them to be successful, which is why we are constantly thinking of new people for our members to meet. That way, they can focus on enjoying their time away from work and making connections with the people around them. We’ve already ensured those people are the best possible connections for that member to be spending time with.
Memories – How do you get a CEO to put down their phone? You create an environment that they want to engage in more than they want to worry about work. That means engaging their significant others, getting the right people next to them, and, of course, making it exclusive, expensive, and easy.
As a Team, We Are:
Socially gifted – Our team of social geniuses is equipped to work with a wide variety of personalities. We know how to read social cues and adapt to each personality and situation. We keep the mood high while making every member feel like the most important one in the group.
Detail-oriented – At Truss, we know it’s the small things that mean the most. Our team crafts the ideal experience for each member, which means personalizing our services according to everyone’s unique preferences. Whether it’s ensuring a specific drink is available at the resort or simply remembering small details from previous conversations, our members always feel special.
Dedicated to follow-through – Our members are independent-minded and used to being in charge. That can make it hard to get them to complete simple tasks like filling out waivers or confirming their meal for dinner. Our team knows how to make sure every last detail is confirmed while politely but persistently nagging our members to get the information they need.
Solution-focused – We operate by the principle of win-win. We don’t stop until everyone is happy because we know there is always another solution. We never tell a member no without offering another option, and we never leave a member unsatisfied.
If you have made it this far, we are eager to meet you as you must love people and events as much as we do.