Company Name: Freeman
Location: Texas – Dallas, District of Columbia – Washington, Florida – Orlando, Illinois – Chicago Tennessee – Nashville
Type: Full Time
Freeman is a global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, Freeman is on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the industry’s largest network of experts, Freeman’s insights shape exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. The integrated full-service solutions leverage a 95-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
This position will focus on strategic sales and engagement with net new clients and banners. The position will work with some of the world’s leading brands to understand their event objectives, audiences and challenges, and then deliver smart, strategic, results-driven sales recommendations across the enterprise Freeman portfolio with a focus on professional services that build long lasting and engrained relationships between brand and agency.
This role will be responsible for adhering to the overarching Agency strategy through prospecting, event attendance, lead identification, proposal management, and the facilitation of a smooth handover to Account Directors as available.
The position requires a solid base level of business acumen and ability to maintain and report on pipeline progress in addition to other ad hoc analytics as required. The position will manage multiple competitive proposal and projects per year in varying capacities and may work on projects independently or as part of a larger team.
This position will support our Business Development team. It is eligible to work a hybrid schedule, generally requiring work in-office and/or show-site 2-3 days per week. The ideal candidate will be based out of any of the following locations:
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Orlando, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Washington DC
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively hunt net new banners and logos (in context and beyond the Agency growth strategy)
- Hunt for both agency professional services in addition to enterprise solution selling
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels to support pre and post sales opportunities
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends for large market events, corporate events, special events and tradeshow sales
- Records all contact and activity in Salesforce
- Responsible for the development and/or creation of sales materials—prospectus, PPT presentations, etc.
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s value proposition, process and current partnerships
- Help implement marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results for a consultative sales approach
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with the Sales, Account Management and Operations, teams to implement targeted sales strategy
- Develop relationships and process that allow for seamless transition to account team once new banners are onboarded.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement and a more sophisticated Go-To-Market process
- Report on key KPIs related to pipeline and professional growth
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Eight (8) or more years of related experience
- Has proven ability to manage their own book of accounts in the profitable production of revenue opportunities totaling approximately $4M or more
- Must be willing to consistently cold call and solicit new business
- Knowledge of sales systems such as Salesforce.com, Workfront, Procim and others is required
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Software applications
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills are required
Travel 25% to 50%
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.