Company Name: Nasdaq
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of Nasdaq events, spanning from large scale conferences, one day seminars/briefings and intimate invitation only roundtables, with a primary focus on events delivered for our Corporate Services department in the West and South Central region of the AMERS.
The position requires advanced event planning expertise from ideation and strategic planning, through to flawless execution of every event. It demands a significant amount of communication with senior leadership as well as internal stakeholders from local offices across the Unites States. The ideal location for the position is in San Francisco working out of Nasdaq SF office location.
In this role, you will be responsible to deeply understand the businesses lines within Nasdaq, specifically Corporate Services. You will be tasked with building out a strategic event plan that will support in the delivery of various business goals and objectives set by management for Nasdaq’s Listings business with cross collaboration with Nasdaq Private Market, Nasdaq IR and Nasdaq Governance Solutions.
The events are intended to generate meaningful connections with high-level management of existing customers, to repair negative relationships and to foster new relationships with prospective customers. Additionally, the events you produce will provide a platform for Nasdaq to be thought leaders in our field by contributing to the regional and global conversation and will consistently promote Nasdaq’s products and brand.
Additionally, the individual in this role would be responsible for executing live Opening and Closing Bell ceremonies with Nasdaq listed and affiliate organizations from our Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center. The Opening and Closing Bell is a live television broadcast.
The role would also work in tandem with marketing and communications teams internally to deliver sponsorship deliverables. This position reports to the Global Head of Events.
- Deliver exceptional client service. Always putting the customer first in every interaction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to exert energy, excitement and clear delivery of instruction to large audiences in the execution of live Opening and Closing Bell ceremonies.
- Budget management at all steps of the event, starting at the conceptualization process
- Strict adherence to meeting protocols (cost saving measures, risk policies, contract approvals).
- Responsible for all logistics management, as well as all follow through post event to include, but not limited to, post event re-caps with the business stakeholders to determine the success and ROI of each event and make recommendations for future participation.
- Liaison between meeting stakeholders, vendors and marketing teams; understand and interpret meeting objectives and navigate the event planning processes on behalf of the meeting sponsor.
- Source appropriate venues to capture vision and objective of event while also meeting budget, size and location/date requirements.
- Frequent interaction and communication with firm leadership and external clients through meeting registration and coordination.
- Review, manage and negotiate contracts with off-site venues and event vendors; leverage cost savings when applicable (invite creation and distribution, production, event décor, entertainment, transportation, AV, special supplies/materials, temp assistance). Responsible for creating and managing registration for large scale conferences, one day seminars and briefings, creates and manages landing pages and registrations.
- Utilize past event data available to strategize and recommend criteria set for each event with internal stakeholders.
- On-site support for designated meetings and events to ensure successful meeting execution. Assists on-site event duties including delivering specific operations including general event set up, badge desk, assisting with registration, and supporting on site program team as needed
- Ongoing ownership of team resources including restaurant lists, area information, furniture inventory, swag/high-end gifting vendors, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and managing deadlines around sponsor event deliverables. Serve as sponsor liaison and handle all communication with sponsors around contract deliverables, registration and event details, while continuing to update internal stakeholders along the process
- Responsible for pre-event logistics planning for small roundtable events including venue sourcing, design requests, list pulls, event blasts, registration tracking, printing and shipping all materials
- Responsible for generating design requests for signage, banners including proofing and tracking all necessary deadlines and approvals
- Assist with venue sourcing for large scale conferences including generating RFPs, organizing data and presenting findings to Manager
- Reconciles with accounting all payments related aspects for these events, purchase order management and tracking budget
- Works with internal stakeholders to research new sponsorship ideas, pricing & specifications, managing all sponsorship reports
Educate Nasdaq as a whole on the various ways Nasdaq events can be utilized to increase exposure and revenue opportunities across businesses. Make connections with knowledge of business goals
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or equivalent
- Experience Required: At least 5 years in a similar role
- Events Specialist Qualifications: Strong event management and writing skills, marketing experience required. Must have 1-2 years of experience utilizing Marketo or similar automated marketing tool, as well as Salesforce.
- Self-motivated, articulate, and have an ability to work autonomously, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi task and lead multiple projects simultaneously. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.