Company Name: Synchrony
Location: Stamford, CT (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Our Corporate Communication and Brand team is passionate group of marketers and communicators, committed to identifying, crafting and telling impactful stories that build belief and inspire action among Synchrony’s 18,000+ employees and millions of partners, customers, investors and stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced event marketing professional to help us continue to shape, lead and bring new and fresh thinking to our event experiences. This position will lead large-scale initiatives and activation plans for industry conferences, client events and internal programs that deliver unique, creative and engaging experiences as well as differentiate Synchrony with our key audiences.
The ideal candidate has a broad event background and has handled events for financial services, technology brands and has experience in creating product and brand focused experiences. You have a proven track record of developing and executing event strategies for business and consumer audiences. You have experience in digital marketing and a passion for new technology and stay current on the latest cultural trends. You are passionate about conceiving and driving impactful event marketing programs and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Create activation experiences driven by the broader event marketing strategy to strengthen brand awareness and relevance with our audiences.
- Leverage digital marketing expertise to create and implement integrated programs that drive impact and reach.
- Develop and execute compelling event marketing programs that showcase the Synchrony brand, products, services and capabilities and resonate with our audiences.
- Design programs that connect the dots between relevant opportunities and business goals.
- Flawlessly implement the event marketing strategy and activation plans – incorporating unique ideas for differentiating experiences.
- Partner with stakeholders to define event objectives, activation opportunities, schedules, required resources and measures of success for all events.
- Develop and present proposals and key updates to senior leaders and other internal stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Ensure the executive leadership team is properly prepared to engage with audiences during events as well as briefed on logistics and point to point management onsite.
- Conduct site visits as necessary for event locations, prepare RFPs for event services, oversee negotiations, and participate in the decision-making and recommendation process.
- Manage and collaborate with agency partners and other 3rd party vendors with clear roles and responsibilities as well as negotiate and execute all contracts/agreements.
- Work with internal teams on development of effective event promotion strategies that include inbound and outbound marketing communications tactics, including advertising, social media and PR.
- Develop strong relationships with event properties to maximize investment.
- Manage all relevant vendor and staff resources to ensure flawless execution of events.
- Monitor activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Coordinate internal engagement and collaboration across business units and business areas to maximize integration and ROI.
- Responsible for budget tracking and optimization.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/GED and 5-7 years of event experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of event planning experience, in-person and hands-on management is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing budgets, allocating & optimizing spend across a portfolio of tactics, along with an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%) and perform off hours/weekend work as needed.
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results.
- Strong grasp of financial impacts of marketing programs: ability to develop and manage budgets and set campaign performance goals.
- Demonstrated prior experience involving contract negotiations, competitive pricing, business planning and budget management.
- Strong marketing, creative and analytic skills.
- Proven track record of designing and executing highly effective external and internal corporate events.
- High attentiveness to details and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Creativity and innovation extremely important.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors.
- Friendly attitude: willingness to assist and ability to solve problems is a must.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The salary range for this position is 75,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual