Company Name: IQVIA
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Type: Full Time
IQVIA’s Strategic Meetings and Events (SM&E) is a team of dedicated professionals producing high impact, differentiated meetings and events for Life Sciences organizations. We work with our clients to deliver the best-in-class attendee experience through a range of in-person, hybrid and virtual engagements by seamlessly pairing behavioral science-based strategies, deep industry expertise and an innovative suite of engagement tools to maximize outcomes for every event.
The Associate Event Manager is the primary contact for the Client and is responsible for ensuring each meeting is managed and delivered in line with Client expectations and requirements. The role of the Associate Event Manager is pivotal in delivering the professionalism that is synonymous with IQVIA’s industry reputation when interacting with the Clients, team, colleagues, and suppliers. The Associate Event Manager leads a cross functional project team of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to achieve planning milestones, budget targets, and satisfactory event design and execution.
- Full budget management of cost, revenue, cash flow and margin targets, being timely to identify out-of-scope work.
- Communication of key project milestones and progress.
- Effective contract negotiation with suppliers (e.g., hotels, venues, AV).
- Lead Client update meetings.
- Management of resources within budget and ensure accurate tracking.
- Oversee the development of presentations and meeting materials required by the Client.
- Ensure successful event execution which includes onsite attendance for events.
- Management of post-event financial reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensure meetings are compliant with all regulatory and Client business rules.
- Conduct post-event debrief with Client
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years Meeting/Event Planning experience.
- Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management, Hospitality or Business preferred, or equivalent job experience.
- CMP-HC/ CMM / HMCC designation preferred
- Virtual meeting execution experience with WebEx Events, MS Teams and Zoom preferred.
- Willingness to travel for multi-day travel onsite events (approx. 75%) which includes physical stamina to be active and on-your-feet for multiple hours throughout the day.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications and Cvent registration tool.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills, multi-task, and commitment to quality.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure or challenging situations.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to think strategically and foster a collaborative team environment.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe