Company Name: Salesforce
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Real Estate and Workplace Services is looking for a passionate, collaborative, detail-driven event professional with a “can-do” attitude and a growth mindset to join our San Francisco-based Campus Events team. You thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth environment, have superior organization, negotiation, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders, manage outside vendors, and balance resources effectively.
In this role, you can expect direct interaction with all employee departments across all levels, plus executives, customers, and partners to lead event planning development and execution in support of Salesforce’s HQ campus meeting, training, and event hospitality spaces. This individual will work closely with hospitality, facilities, and marketing teams. The ideal candidate leads with operational excellence approaches events with superior hospitality to create event experiences that bring Salesforce event magic to our customer and internal events, including but not limited to: executive and customer meetings, training, employee engagement events, and many others (i.e., Dreamforce and critical company events.).
- Ability to be consultative with clients looking to host events at HQ and possess strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) and work with cross-functional internal teams; creative services, interactive, marketing ops, which support direct efforts and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute programs in a highly fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and work across organizational boundaries, including a broad range of peers and executives
- Vital customer service and executive interaction experience
- Ability to multitask many events and projects and varying complexity at one time
- Understand Salesforce brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging
- Communicate regular event updates to management, including Executive leadership
- Continuous improvement and maintain global team documents, playbooks for events, and other standard operating procedures
- Pre, onsite, and post-event logistical management
- Ensure best practices documentation is created and adhered to for global reuse
- Key Stakeholder for G-Cal calendar management for internal event space
- Determine event goals, create and track measurements and metrics, including event surveys
- Note: Weekdays, Evenings, and Weekends availability are required.
- 6-8+ years successful event management experience planning customer-facing events in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment
- 5-8+ years experience managing high volume, high-velocity events for tradeshows, corporate conferences, or start-up environments.
- Possess strong customer service experience; candidates with a solid events background and are highly personable and service-focused.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and problem solver who loves to come up with innovative solutions with a willingness to take risks, iterate and learn
- Experience successfully managing third-party vendors, contractors, and budgets
- Ability to manage multi projects at a given time with w/a high level of expertise and skill
- Thrives on teamwork, overcome obstacles, and remain calm and professional under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills, with the ability to proactively address client’s needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- In-office position five days per week
- Analyze event operations, including tracking budget, establishing success metrics, and preparing and implementing recommendations for improving efficiencies within the events
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to creatively negotiate demands
- Results-oriented, customer-driven, organized with attention to detail
- Ability to assess and prioritize workload in a strict deadline-oriented environment
- Solid understanding of event technology, online registration systems, and reporting
- Use of G-cal and Google Suite platforms, Quip, CVent, PowerPoint, Event Software or CAD (i.e., Social Tables) experience preferred
- Familiar with Salesforce products
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.