Company Name: BNP Paribas
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Type: Full Time
The Marketing & Communications team oversees the communication strategy of BNP Paribas in the Americas predominately that of Corporate & Institutional Banking, in collaboration with the Bank of the West, and the Group communications teams. The functions of this group today include Events & Sponsorship, Media Relations, Operational Marketing, Social Media, Content, Philanthropic Initiatives, Advertising, Client Creative Services, Internal Communications and Video Services.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
Responsibilities:This is an opportunity to work in a stimulating face paced environment as Event Manager within the Events & Partnerships Team.
- Manage from briefing to execution: roadshows, internal, industry and proprietary events;
- sort event proposals to identify which ones are relevant to address our business objectives
- for proprietary events, deep understanding of stakeholders objectives required that should translate into creative appropriate proposals
- for industry events, execute due diligence on the previous years’ events to assess efficiency potential
- team coordination to optimize Group branding impact and costs
- Ensure high business & ethical standards in implementation and delivery of events
- Closely collaborate with Content & Communication, Social Media and Marketing teams and other events regional platforms: relaying event strategy and planning, exchanging best practices and ideas, etc.
- Strategically monitor key trends in events to stay at the highest quality levels in terms of ideas and delivery (both virtual and in-person)
- Develop, maintain, upgrade and ensure use by the team critical events tools
- Event approval system / Registration sites / Planning calendar
- Post-event quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Suppliers qualitative directory
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Passionate about events
- Strong project management, data management and event budget management skills
- Tech/Digital savvy
- Good understanding of financial industry a plus but not required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eye for detail – methodical approach to work and creativity
- Must work well under pressure, excellent organizational abilities, set and meet deadlines, be able to manage several priorities
- Technical: Microsoft OS (Word, PowerPoint, especially Excel), Outlook, SharePoint, social networking platforms
- 5-10 years of experience in Event Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- General knowledge of the banking industry and global financial markets preferred.
- Experience working in a diverse, matrix organization
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
- Experience with working with Event management systems, CRM platforms not required, but a plus.
- Language proficiency (particularly French, Spanish or Portuguese) is a plus but not required
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $120,000 to $135,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.