Company Name: Cardinal Health
Location: Dublin, OH
Type: Full Time
Function: Marketing — At Cardinal Health, the marketing organization is the central hub of business driving activity. Marketing takes the lead on all aspects of the marketing mix – product, price, place, people, and promotion. Marketing analyzes customer behavior to understand their needs, and motivations, broadly defines and communicates the brand purpose, and passionately delivers total solutions for our customers.
Family: Marketing Operations — Marketing Operations supports product/solutions marketing and product/solutions management & development through the execution of marketing assistance programs, including managing support needs for the marketing organization and external conference/tradeshow coordination.
Accountabilities in this role
- Partners closely with Specialty Solutions marketing managers and sales leaders to define the annual conferences and tradeshows strategy
- Based on the strategy defined, this role is responsible for development of the annual Specialty Solutions external conferences and tradeshows calendar
- Works in close collaboration with the Enterprise Meetings & Events team on the execution of three Tier 1 conferences (ASCO, Asembia, and ISPOR U.S.)
- Executes the logistics for Tier 2 and 3 conferences and tradeshows across Specialty Solutions including in-person, virtual, and/or hybrid events
- Ensures consistent effectiveness tracking and measurement of ROI across all external conferences and tradeshows, establishes campaigns in Salesforce.com to enable lead tracking
- Monitors conference expenses to ensure alignment with budgets consistently seeks cost savings and efficiency opportunities
- Oversees the Commercial Sponsorship process for Specialty Solutions, ensures all commercial sponsorships tied to external conferences are evaluated and approved
- Collaborates with our preferred exhibit supplier and other external partners as needed to ensure flawless execution of exhibit support
- Coordinates with other Cardinal Health businesses to ensure an aligned presence at joint external events
- Collaborates effectively with others and builds strategic alliances within the Specialty Solutions business and across Cardinal Health
- Works closely with Enterprise Marketing, Brand Strategy, Creative Services, and external agency partners to ensure effective and on-brand customer-facing marketing tactics
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Event Marketing or related field, MBA
- 4-8 years of experience in event marketing, experience in the healthcare industry is preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts in support of product/solutions marketing initiatives including but not limited to tradeshow coordination
- Exhibits strong organizational and influencing capabilities in matrix organizations. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Adept at handling multiple complex projects and requests simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines; detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, organization, and time management skills.
- Has project management experience, leveraging both tools and programs to drive projects to completion.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability/willingness to travel up to 25% (domestic travel)
What is expected of you at this level:
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objective
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.